Maybe I got switched to salary?

So it's not really a payroll salary but I watch my sister's kids. The original deal was $5/hr but for the past 3 pays she has been giving me $350(that's for 2 weeks). I know I didn't have her kids that much this past "pay period". Think maybe I'll get a flat 350 no matter what from now on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wait.. are you complaining that she's paying you more or paying you less? .. That's $175 a week, most daycares in my area don't even charge that much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If she overpaid, you might want to let her know and offer her back the difference of what she overpaid. If she refuses it, then ask her how she plans on paying you from now on so you can plan on a budget. She may be paying you a flat rate for a week's worth of sitting, which you both would have to agree on because there may be a week she works overtime and another week where she works only a few days.
    You really need to ask her outright.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Wait.. are you complaining that she's paying you more or paying you less? .. That's $175 a week, most daycares in my area don't even charge that much

------

for a 7 month old and a 3 yr old? 12 hrs a day? if she was paying daycare it would be $400/week and she would still need a babysitter from 6pm-10pm

OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• my former daycare charges 150 PER child per week...so it sounds about right ot me...but i think its cool you want to be honest...why dont you ask your sister if thats what she intends is to just pay you the equivilant every week and if she wants to pay you less on weeks she doesnt work so much.....just sit with her and hammer out the details...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Just ask her. Maybe she has budgeted that for daycare and it might include babysitting and food and whatever other expenses you might incur if you have to take them to the dr or whatever.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:44 AM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It does not martter if she is family or not. Speak up. Tell her how your feel about the issue.

Answer by louise2 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• That is not a lot in the area that I am. If you put those ages in day care in my area, you would be paying atleast $250 a week. I know people that are paying $1000 a month for child care.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm back. I have to agree with what blueeyedgrl2377 stated. I know that $120 or so is about average for an infant in a child care facility here in my area.
    I "babysit" (but practically raise) my 8 month old granddaughter. Her mother (my oldest daughter) pays me $150 per MONTH. She wanted to pay me a 'little something' so she could get some sort of credit on her tax return next year and count it as a bill when she filed for child support. I would care for my granddaughter for free!
    But, back to the point......I like her answer.....it was what I was trying to say earlier, but I have a hard time putting things into simple words. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2009