Is it wrong???

I have a 2 year old little boy and we're expecting another little boy in November. I'm happy that I have 2 healthy little boys, but I really want a girl eventually. My husband says he doesn't want anymore and he doesn't want a girl. Do you think I am being selfish? I know you can't choose and you have to take what god gives you. I feel that if I never got the chance to experience the mother-daughter bond/relationship, that I would have a missing piece in my heart. I've been told that I sound like a idiot for thinking this way, I don't think so, I would just like to hear what other mommas think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• He might change his mind. My hubby was all set after we had our second boy, he didn't want any more babies, boy or girl. But after he was born dh changed his mind and said he couldn't say for sure he didn't want any more. I wasn't dead set on trying for a girl but it worked out that way and now we're even thinking about having ONE more. So just give it some time and see how things go.
    Anonymous

• He may change his mind, my friend thought the same way about a girl she now has 6 boys.
    Anonymous

• Maybe he will change his mind. If not, maybe you all can consider adoption later on. You can adopt children who have been in the Foster Care system (whose parents lost their rights) for free, you'd just have to pay the court fees, but not thousands of dollars, just a few hundred. My husband and I were considering adopting a little boy in a few years, but I wound up pregnant with our 3rd child together (4th total-he has a daughter from a previous marriage), so that idea was thrown out. Maybe you all could discuss that?
    There's still a chance he can change his mind. It could be because of your oldest only being 2, and a newborn on the way. Maybe he's just not ready to add a third yet. At the same time, if he is adamant about it, I wouldn't push the issue. It could cause a lot of stress in your relationship.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My husband and I had this same conversation before we found out the sex of the baby I am pregnant with. We have a 3 year old boy and I said that if this baby were to be another boy I would want to try a third time for a girl, he said no way. I explained to him that I would forever feel "incomplete" without a girl, and how would he feel if we had two girls?! This seemed to open his eyes a bit and he said "we'd talk about it at a later date" but we were very fortunate an this baby is a girl.
    Mich3ll3Ros3

Answer by Mich3ll3Ros3 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009