Have you ever heard of Walk-In Souls?

Walk-in is an ancient concept first described in Hinduism whose modern name originated in the Spiritualist faith and was popularised by the related, but not identical New Age movements and beliefs. A walk-in is thought to be a person whose original soul has departed his or her body and been replaced with a new soul.

Almost invariably, a walk-in will state they either do not know where the original inhabitant of the body has got to, or that the original soul has left it and gone on to heaven, or reincarnated, etc., leaving them in charge. The new individual may claim he or she is an angel; a "new" version of the former self; an older, more experienced soul; less often, a brand new one who has never incarnated before; or any manner of other origins.

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 12:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have heard of it and think it's fascinating. Some people think that this may be an explanation for some cases of "split personality". Some people have also speculated that the Watseka Wonder case might be a rare form of a walk-in soul taking over for a brief amount of time and then departing to let the original soul return. I'll never know whether any of this is real or not, but it sure makes for some interesting reading!
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 2:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Sounds like a bunch of BS to me.
    Anonymous

• Yes, heard of it and studied some on it and it hits close to home for me.

Just because you dont believe in it and you dont get it nor want to get it, ANON, doesnt make it BS.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have not heard of that, how interesting. I will have to find more info on it.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2009