whats your religion say about pot or other illegal drugs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The bible says follow the law. Not the law of the bible, but the law the government makes or whoever makes it. lol. It also says do not defile your body, because it is the temple of the holy spirit. Another thing it says is not to be a drunken fool. All these apply to illegal drugs. One, being that it's against the law. Two being that taking drugs is defiling our bodies. Three being that we're not suppose to be drunken fools.
    Anonymous

• most satanist are against any mind altering substances, legal or not.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• A few Neopagans advocate their use for spiritual journeys, but most take the stance that mind altering substances get in the way of spiritual experiences. There is no official stance of course.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Islam forbids any use of intoxicants or harmful substances.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 1:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It doesn't. It says not to indulge so much (referring to drink) that you turn into an idiot, but at the same time, there was a kind of honor in being able to drink someone else under the table and still being sober enough to not be an idiot, so I would expect the same standard to apply to other substances.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My religion doesn't take an official stance. It relies heavily in personal responsibility and leaves it up to the individual to determine what is "right" or "best" for themselves. Many of the other Pagan I know IRL have used illegal drugs at some point. Most of them don't continue for any length of time because they tend to get in the way of spiritual development. The one exception, however, seems to be pot. Many of them are in favor of making it legal in order to remove the stigma associated with it.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 1:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Moderation in all things is the key to good life. And I'm Pagan; ~eclectic Hellenic.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Nothing other than it says harm none. That would include yourself. So I suppose if you view drugs as harming the body then it is wrong. THen again the pizza I'm eating probably will do harm to my body eventually. Maybe it should be banned too?
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 2:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Buddhism contains a precept against using intoxicants because they alter mindfulness.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 4:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• According to Anton LaVey in the Satanic Bible, a Satanist is not supposed to alter their mind in any way....but the book was written back when there was very little TRUE information about many drugs....and LaVey hated hippies LOL. On the other hand, you're supposed to come to your own conclusions using your own common sense...and since pot really helps me (and my fiance) a lot, I choose to believe LaVey is full of crap in regards to this subject ;) I do, however, think it is insanely stupid to even try things like heroin, crack, etc....and being stupid is the #1 sin.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 11, 2009