Do you 'serve' your man?

Like do u pick up after him, do his laundry, cook his food, & etc? Is he only expected to go 2 work and come home and relax?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I "serve" him when we play tennis!!! LOL

Seriously, I do take care of him......but only when he is sick!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Sounds like you have been stalking me!!!! LOL You just described my life to a tee! My DH comes home, plays video games and sits in his chair. He doesn't do much in the way of housework, but I have created this monster by spoiling him for almost 15 years. Thankfully he is involved with the children, but I also work out of the home part time, so having his help would be wonderful. Unfortunately he says he will help, but he makes empty promises and if I bring it up he gets all defensive. As a result my house is a disaster and I have no idea where to start....but I know I don't want to do anything at all....it's honestly a bit depressing.
    Anonymous

• I guess when I think of "serving" my man I always remember a family friend and how her husband would bark at her "get me a drink" "make me a plate of food" Seriously there were times i thought she was probably wiping his butt too. To me that is serving a man when he is telling you do this do that and you just do it, and you are on top of him wiping up his food and spills and following him around.

I do laundry for everyone in the house and i pick up after everyone and i do most of the cooking but hey im mom thats my job, they all help out but i am the primary person doing it. My hubby doesnt tell me to do it or expect me to do it . he appreciates that i do it, So no I dont serve him, Take care of my family yes, but no one barks at me or tells me to do it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I do pick up after him and do his laundry. Not because he is disrespectfully expecting me too, but just bc he is more messy than me,and I like everything to look perfect. If asked, he will totally pick up and do whatever needs to be done. He goes to work while I stay home, but once he gets home he immediately takes the baby and gives me a break and a chance to get a bath, read, do what I need to do. While I do things for him, I'm not "serving" him, and it's all optional. He knew from the beginning that I wouldn't be his "bitch", and we're best friends and partners in everything, so neither of us considers ourself to be above the other.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• yes and no....I have my limits and I know when I'm being taken advantage of.
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 1:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I do and enjoy it, when he lets me. We didn't get married until he was 39, so he was used to being a bachelor and taking care of himself. But I like to pamper him, just to show him how much I love him - and he does the same for me (I haven't had to fill my car up with gas since we've been married!)

Answer by missanc at 1:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Well, I do all the laundry, but he is a HORRID folder and I'm super anal about the way things are folded. I don't like to iron if I don't have to. Anyway, his idea of doing the laundry is putting in the washing machine . . . and forgetting it. I do most of the housecleaning. He does all the yard work and picks up dog poop on a regular basis, so the housework doesn't seem so bad . . . lol. We have a finished basement with a bar and a little "theater." I don't clean down there at all. Our agreement is that I keep up with the top two floors and he is completely responsible for the mancave. It's all his stuff anyway, I wouldn't know where to start. I do most of the cooking, but he likes to cook sometimes too. I love cooking though and enjoy serving him his dinner, when he's here. He works 2nd shift, so we only have dinner together twice a week.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I do little things for my husband...like pick up his underwear and towel off the bathroom floor when he's done showering. I do iron his work shirts and handle all the laundry. Um that's it lol. I made it very clear when we started dating that even though I will help him do things, I shouldn't be expected to be his "maid" - as his mother was to his father.
    SuzyQ515

Answer by SuzyQ515 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I did until this horrid bout of morning sickness struck last week. I like taking care of him. He does the "man work" and i do the "woman work" and it's good situation for us both.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 1:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I cook for the most part, I make his plate for him and bring it to him, and not cuz I have to but cuz I like to, he works his butt off to suport us, so I like to do what I can.
    I do loundry, he offers but I like to do things my way and if something is done diferent I don't like that and besides I like doing loundry, he does help me fold cloths.
    I clean the house when he is working, on his days off he either helps me clean and if I'm out shopping then he cleans.
    He picks up after himself, I aint a maide to anyone, everyone in my house picks up after them self including the kids.
    I don't mind doing stuff for my man, when he comes home after working 10+ hours he takes over the kids and I go either to the store or for a drive to get a break, were a team and that's how I like it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009