Is this warranting an E.R. visit? Please help.

I had cellulitis at the beginning of September. I was given bactrum. I then got the same symptoms on my vaginal area. Just on the outside. Now I have cellulitis on my leg and I am having the same symptoms on my outer vaginal area again except this time I am not on bactrum. It hurts like crazy. It is really red and swollen. I am wondering if I have cellulitis in that area as well. I havent been to the doctors yet and I have had the cellulitis on my leg since Friday night. I really want to go to the ER because of the pain I am in, but does it really warrant it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Health

• yes, go right now!

Answer by older at 2:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You need to go to an urgent care center at least. Cellulitis is a very serious infection. Trust your gut. Go.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Yes, that can be a very serious infection. Also, while you are in the ER demand a test to determine what kind of infection you really have. You need to know if it's Staph, Strep, MRSA (which is very deadly), or something else so that they can prescribe the right kind of antibiotic. Each of the varying infections responds to different antibiotics. With MRSA, the wrong antibiotic can even progress the infection.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 2:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Anytime your vagina is in question, get to a doctor fast.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I saw that having cellulitis in your vaginal area is really an emergency. Can someone explain that to me?
    Anonymous

• I think if you're that concerned, and in that much pain, then yes, you should go to the ER. I don't know what cellulitis is, but I see someone's answer about it being an infection, and I think infections warrant an ER visit, since they can progress very quickly from minor irritation to dangerous or even life-threatening. You could try an urgent care center, too, if you're concerned about cost or wait time in the ER.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009