Question about raw milk

I just ordered both "real food: what to eat and why" and the baby's first real foods book from Amazon. A friend of mine has a food co op and brings raw milk to it for about 200 families in the city and I am gonna start buying raw dairy products from her. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has read the book or has experience with raw milk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Health

• I can't drink raw milk due to the consistency of it - I don't even like whole milk, we drink skim. But if you can handle the consistency, I never noticed much difference in taste.

Answer by missanc at 4:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Is it safe for a baby? I would think pasturized would be better but I don't really know.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's safe for a baby. In fact I've read that ALL the foodbourne illnesses that were dairy related in the last several decades (basically since the introduction of stainless steel tanks and sanitary conditions) have been from pasturized milk. None at all from raw milk.
    DanosGirl

Answer by DanosGirl at 7:29 PM on Oct. 18, 2009