My pool water level keeps dropping...

and it's not the pump. I didn't know my hubby had it turned off, and only turns it one once a week and adds chemicals once a week, we live in SC and that's about all we have to do. Do you think it's a hole in the lining? How do you find a hole and patch it up if water's in there. And stupid question... ready for it? ... do you just fill up the pool with the hose when it's literally dropped almost 2 feet in a couple days? Don't they have companies that come and fill up the pool with nice fresh clean water right from a huge tank on the truck?

bethany_smith

Asked by bethany_smith at 2:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Is this an inground pool? If so, I'd call the company that installed it or some pool company and either ask them for suggestions or ask them to come look at it. If it's an above ground, you should be able to walk around it and find the leak, even if it's in the bottom, you should see air bubbles, dirt or something that indicates the leak. With it changing color, though, in addition to the level drop, it sounds like you have a major problem. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• start walking around your yard and see if you have any mushy spots where the water would have leaked. this is a BIG problem. You do not want any of that water running toward your homes foundation underground. I would call in a professional and find the leak asap.
    Anonymous

• Well another problem is that over the past week the water turned dark a** green! It's never looked like this before and now with the water level having dropped soooo quickly, we can't use teh pump until the water is back up to the filter/skimmer things. There are no mushy spots in the yard, I just walked around for about a half hour trying to figure it out. argh This is so annoying!
    bethany_smith

Answer by bethany_smith at 3:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2009