How much do you spend on Christmas for your kids?

And how many kids do you have? What ages?

I'm spending about 100 dollars on Christmas for my two kids and that includes my oldest's birthday on Dec. 9th.

My children will be two and 5 months on Christmas.

I have been called cheap (I prefer frugal lol!) but look at all I got for them so far that is with in my budget! I got my 5 month old a Drop and Roar Dino, A alligator xylophone, and a v-tec learning ball. I got my 2 year old a rug with roads on it, a little tykes workbench, a bunch of battery operated tools, some kitchen tools (play microwave, coffee maker, and blender), plastic food, and a DVD. I have 20 dollars left on my 100 dollar budget and I'm not sure I will be getting anything else.

Inle_Rabbit

Asked by Inle_Rabbit at 2:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our girls are two and almost four. This year we are thinking $1000 to $3500 depending on if we go with a playhouse or not. If not then it will be $1000 to $1500 each.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• 200 - 500 dollars in the past... this year I have to spend a little less :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• About $100.00-150.00 each but the cost of gifts goes up when they are older. Now days there are so many electronic devices @@ and ,of course they "need" them. Ha. I think anything over $200.00 is a huge waste of money. You can't buy kids' love by spending tons of money on them. You show your love by being with them, reading to them, talking and listening...being involved in their school and making sure they are healthy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 2:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• at those ages 100 is pretty good especially since you probably have more toys then you know what to do with lol.

mine are older and we average 200 per kid but i dont spend it all at once i buy all year long, i have a crap load of bakugan in my closet i have been buying on clearance, pj's, legos, and anything else that i can find from their list. I still need to pick up more PJ's everyone gets new comforters this year and probably a few new games for their wii and the leapsters (i wait for the xmas sales for those).  I can tell you as they get older it gets harder to buy inexpensive but my kids know if they get something big it is probably the only thing they are getting, they understand the cost of things so they don't complain, and they even love when we do combo gifts that they share like this year they will probably get rock band as a combo gift.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have a 6yr old DD and every year we spend anywhere from 800-2000 on her. This year might be her biggest year yet due to her wanting to go on a trip to see snow and wanting a big barbie house and god knows what else she might put on her list!
    Anonymous

• I spend as much as possible on Yule gifts.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Kids are cheap when they are young! teens and young adults not fun! lol
    My 16 yr old wants an Ipod and if I get it then that's all she will get. My 18 yr old probably a Digital camera since she is at college and doesn't have one...She could use it... either that or a bike The campus is huge and could really use that as well.
    My 22 yr old is hard because she has Asperger's and will have a "tantrum" if it isn't perfect.
    My 4 yr old,I have no clue!

So I will spend probably around $500
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• we never have a set amount. the kids each get one santa gift, one gift from each sibling, and one from us. we dont have a set amount.
    Anonymous

• It really depends on what they want and what we've decided they can have. Our kids are 9 and 4.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• WOW i feel really cheap now, last year we only spend $20 on my 2 kids. They are 4 and 16 months now. This year won't be any better. Money is soo tight right now, we can barely afford the bills. Luckily my kids are still little so they are happy with just about anything.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 3:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009