Eating Shrimp While Pregnant

I am 28 weeks along and was wondering if its safe to eat shrimp and if yes how often is it ok to have it?

Baileysmom22304

Asked by Baileysmom22304 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• In the US it's a big no no because of possible mercury poisoning. Considering all of the mentally challenged mercury poisoned Asians, I say have a serving of shrimp if you are craving it. Just don't eat it constantly.
    Anonymous

• my doctor said its fine, its surely not going to hurt you, or baby, so long as you dont binge on it! haha..... he said i could have up to 6 oz of cooked shrimp per week
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I it'sthink fine, I just wouldn't eat tons of it. I ate it occasionally while pregnant and everything was okay.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• there is nothing on my no-no list that says shrimp is a source of mercury...but as with any other meat or fish, moderation and make sure it is fully cooked. you can buy it already cooked in the freezer case and just heat it until hot or if you get it fresh make sure it is cooked until the dark part turns pink and the white part is no longer translucent.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 12, 2009