why do people make a big scene and talk very loudly when they're in public?

Most of the time it's black people (or african-americans as they like to be called even though they've never lived in africa) but I've seen a few white people do it too. It's like they enjoy being starred at or something. Like they want other people to think they are trashy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Good gravy, I know what you mean! I see it happening with all people. They could be 2 feet away from each other, and still yelling. It's like they need to draw attention to themselves. Sometimes I feel like yelling "TURN YOUR HEARING AID UP!". But usually, I just take the passive aggressive approach and yell to the person next to me "WHAT!? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE LOUD PEOPLE OUT HERE". It does the job!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have to say I have never really seen that happen. I have seen teenagers talking loud and making a sceen.... like they want every one to know they are having soooo much fun.

I guess you and I must not local the same places.
    Anonymous

• Cuz they think they are hot shit so they want people to look at them.
    They want attention
    They think they are cool
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• "Most of the time it's black people (or african-americans as they like to be called even though they've never lived in africa) but I've seen a few white people do it too. It's like they enjoy being starred at or something. Like they want other people to think they are trashy."

I find that it's due to a general lack of respect for self and others. It's also an attention-getting mechanism for some. I cannot say it happens in one particular race more than another, but I do find it more in YOUNGER people. On another note, I actually prefer the term "black." I was not aware the term "African-American" was preferred by blacks?
    TKebbeh

Answer by TKebbeh at 3:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I can only answer for why I talk loudly in public. It's noisy. I don't hear well. I tend to shout. Sorry to bother you.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009