What is a good digital camera to buy that takes awesome, clear, action pictures? How much do they cost?

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • I have a Nikon D90, pretty spendy. But A Nikon D40(around $500) would be great for you!
    Anonymous

• It depends on how "advance" you are. Or what type of pictures you'll be taking.
    If you're just looking for a standard point and shoot, with no huge bells and whistles - Kodak's are very nice. I just got one for my DH, who loves taking pictures, but didn't really want anything special. It was under $100, I think some places are selling them for 89.99. It's the Kodak C180. You can also take videos and load them directly to Youtube, which he's super thrilled about. lol.
    Canon's are a little higher up, the "A" series are very nice. They get to be a little more pricey, but they're solid cameras. Intermediate in range. They're anywhere from $120-$300.
    The Sony Cybershot is also a very nice camera as well. Their price range, I believe, is about $160-250.
    I have the Canon Rebel - that's a "professional" expert, or just.. photographer wannabe camera. :P Mine was almost a grand, but I got a few more extras with it.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 3:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have a Casio Exilim 8 MP right now but I want something bigger and better... I want to advance and take better looking pictures.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 4:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have a Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS. It is an awesome camera. It has the typical point and shoot settings, but it also has manual settings where you can set the aperture, etc. It cost me about $300 but it so worth it. It takes the most amazing pictures, takes video with sound and the camera will play back the sound when you play back the video. I love it.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would definitely suggest the Canon cameras.
    They're honestly VERY good, durable, they're advanced, but still simple enough where you don't have to clutch the manual at the same time and puzzle over the features.
    I like Canon cameras. They're honestly the best. I've had my first one that I purchased 5 years ago, and it still works insanely well.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10669035

That's a good one.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 4:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2009