Moms with girls

What were some of the signs you had that told you were having a girl?? This is our second and we are really hoping for a little girl.. I searched the signs on google and I have most of them. The acne, chocolate craving and I have yet to have morning sickness which I had horribly with my son..

MiSs.SmOkEy

Asked by MiSs.SmOkEy at 3:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• She was born with out a penis..... that is what clued me in that she was going to be a girl
    Anonymous

• I was definitely having boys. I knew intuitively, for certain. Everyone told me that I had boy energy in there, I carried like it was a boy (each time), etc..

I have only delivered girls though, lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have 3 boys and 1 girl, all of my pregnancies were different - there wasn't a single thing that was different for the girl that was the same for the boys. I had terrible morning sickness with her that I didn't have with the first two boys, but had with the 3rd; didn't have acne with any of my pregnancies; and I crave chocolate even when I'm not pregnant!

Answer by missanc at 3:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Funny, I didn't really have any signs. Everyone was telling me that I was having a boy because of the shape of my belly. It would so annoy me. I would always say nope it's going to be a girl. I just knew she was going to be a girl, maybe because I wanted one sooooo bad.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 3:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have 2 DD's, and both pregnancies were COMPLETELY different. With Savannah, I had morning sickness, exhaustion, different cravings every week,and just always felt like crap. With Cheyenne, I only got dizzy for some reason, but that was about it. I did crave pizza and subs a lot though! lol. Usually, the dizziness would hit me in the evening for a little while, but go away as quickly as it came, so with her, I didn't really feel too bad. So, I would say that just going by symptoms, there is absolutely no way to tell.
    ginger813

Answer by ginger813 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I was really sick with my daughter and not with my sons, from talking with other moms we all had morning sickness with one or the other but not both, this isnt true for everyone but for the people i know they have all followed the same pattern i did, some were sick with the boys and not with the girls.

with my daughter i craved salads fresh veggies fruit and corn on the cob everything healthy i craved, with my boys i wanted fried fatty foods and sweets.

The only sure fire way to tell is when they are born, its fun to try and figure it out though :) my mom and grandmothers did the ring on a string thing over my belly lol it was right each time but i think it was just coincidence lol. I just sort of knew what they were, it was just a feeling but when i got morning sickness i knew it was a girl because the whole pregnancy was different and no one could convince me that it might be a boy.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have 3 girls.

all three pregnancies were completely different. I could have sworn (and did) that #2 was a boy. lol

#3 was the only one I knew was a girl the instant I found out I was pregnant.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry but there are NOT any "signs" that you are having a boy or girl. Those are all based on "personal" experiences, and they can not be defined by science. So many people get hung up on if they are having a boy or girl. Just be happy you CAN have a baby and hope that it's healthy! The only sure predictor of gender is either having a DNA gender test (which is highly expensive and usually will not be done unless it's absolutely medically necessary, for example if you are the carrier of a gender-biased genetic disorder). When I was carrying my daughter, I had PERFECT skin, so there is goes your ACNE idea, and when I was carrying my son, I had ACNE really bad. So, that is not an indicator whatsoever. Also, with my son I had no morning sickness...I had HORRIBLE morning sickness with my daughter. So there goes the morning sickness idea. And chocolate...I didn't crave it with EITHER kid...boy or girl!
    JamiDesigns

Answer by JamiDesigns at 4:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• All of the "symptoms" of varying genders are just hold wives tales.

Sometimes moms have worse morning sickness with girls because of all of the estrogen. I had terrible morning sickness with both my girls and my boy, but it was worse with the girls.

For me, my skin is clear and glowing with girls and all broken out and dull with the boy. Besides that, pregnant just seems to be be pregnant. You will just have to wait until your 20 week sono.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• my hair got really oily and yuckyish lol plus i got acne got really bad
    armymum1013

Answer by armymum1013 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2009