Did a new sibling change sleep patterns?

Just wondering if you brought home a new Baby. Did your other children get their sleep patterns messed up? Won't Sleep? My oldest Grandson is 4. He asked me if I still love him! It melted my Heart!! He's my Handsome Boy!! His younger brother is now 22 mos. old. He now loves me more & wants to even give kisses. But they want as much time as they can get.. So they don't sleep well anymore! Anyone else deal with this? However they adore their new baby sister. They try to be big time helpers & over protective. Would be helpful to hear your replies. How you deal! Their daddy is gone alot. From 12p - 12a So he's not around to help.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 3:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• no, i never had that problem sorry. it was the opposite actually. by the time my dd was 4 weeks she was going to bed at 8, same time as my then 1yr old. my son still slept through the night, she woke up about 2-3 times a night, but as she got older i got her to sleep through the night too. so they've both been on the same nap and bedtime since.
    Anonymous

• I saw this sort of thing with my younger cousins. And did it myself when my brother came home! Yeah, it's normal. A new baby upsets the previous equilibrium of the home and that will shatter previous sleep patterns. As things settle down, they'll sleep.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009