Single momma's...

So I have been living with my parents since my daughter was born. And Im planning on moving out at the first of the year. I was wondering what you make per hour to be able to afford rent and everything on your own?? Do you get help from the state at all??

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• When I was a single mom a few years ago to my 3 kids I was making 41K/year, which paid for my rent, various other bills and allowed a few luxuries (McDonald's meals, videos, etc)

Answer by missanc at 3:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Sign up for section 8 housing.....

When I was a single parent I needed $14 an hour full time to make it......
    Working as a waitress in a high end restraunt is really a good way to make money. I know a few women who have college degrees that waitress at Don Pablos and TGIF'S and make so much money that they don't even use their degree.
    Anonymous

• I'm currently unemployed, partly economy and partly I broke my ankle, but when I was working, I made $10 an hour, and my parents paid my mortgage. I could cover all my other bills, groceries, cihld care, etc. but not my mortgage. To pay my own mortgage, and pay all my other bills w/o needing assistance, I would need to make about $15 an hour. I currently am on food stamps due to my ankle, but will be moving back in with my parents soon, b/c I am not yet released to go back to work and don't know when I will be. It depends on where you live, though, and you can look and find cheaper places to live. Just be careful that it's not in a bad neighborhood.
    Anonymous

• If you have a nearby "higher class" suburb you can try being a nanny.....My kids went to a school where over half the families had nannies....some nannies lived with the families in houses so huge it is easy to have privacy.
    alot of families allow you to bring your child with you. Some even prefer it that your a parent yourself.

Just figure you will need at least $1000 a month, and that is with getteing a 1 bedroom. This is why so many girls jump the gun and live with bf's as soon as they start dating...it is sooo...hard to do it on one income
    Anonymous

• My oldest daughter is in the same situation because she doesn't like the fact that we won't jump through hoops to make sure she has a ride to wherever she needs to go when she needs to go and I won't do her laundry as soon as she plops 2-3 week's worth on my laundry room floor.
    She pays us $150 per month for room and board because she refuses to do ANY chores at all in the house, including clean her room. I charge her $150 per month in child care because I am raising my 8 month old granddaughter 90% of the time.
    She wants to move out, but only earns $7.25 per hour. Her license is suspended, she doesn't have a vehicle, she has no furniture except for her bedroom and her baby's bedroom, and she blows her paychecks going out and buying frivolous things.
    I wish she WOULD move out so she can get a taste of REAL life.
    I wish you all the best sweetie. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009