son is scared of bathroom and wont potty train.

my DS is three and just recently got scared of the bathroom.....its a full bath with a shower and tub where he normall takes his baths at night BUT now he is refusing to go in there everytime i take him in there he freaks and starts screaming and crying and he does this for a bath too.....and i dont udnerstand why so now i am stuck with potty training cause he is scared how can i make him feel more comfortable?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you find out, let me know, DS just started the same thing. Once he is in the bath its ok, till its time to get out again. Not sure what is going on.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 4:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I saw a comercial lastnight for "party potty" It's tissue paper that you let your kid color on then you clip it to the toilet and when they pee it disolves and turns the water colors. Maybe he would want to try it and be excited to go in the bathroom.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• we had the same problem potty training my son he wasn't afraid of the bathtub, but he was afraid of the potty. so we made a game out of it it was the only thing that worked to get him to go into the bathroom. you could make him believe he is fighting monsters or a knight on a mission trying to save the princess. anything that makes him feel brave. for us my son is addicted to star wars so he was a jedi and had to save the galaxy from the empire. hope this helps
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 1:27 PM on Oct. 12, 2009