A different view...

I see many women post their dissapointment in coming here and being faced with opposition and responses they find rude and inconsiderate. I see many who comment, "I gave up", or who say they are bothered by the different reactions. Some posters, I admit, do come here to post inflammatory comments, whether it is the initial question or an answer to an already posted question. It is my belief that we can be bothered and offended as much as we allow it. This is an online community, and the majority of us do have lives away from the computer (I'd hope!). So, what do you suggest are ways to handle the posts of those you consider plain rude. Remember, just because someone does not agree with you does not automatically make them rude.

PrincesaBoricua

Asked by PrincesaBoricua at 4:10 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You know, Sandra, we don't have this issue at all in the alumni group. Just sayin'. :O)

I have to say, I have never in my life seen so many people who take a simple disagreement of opinion so deeply personally. It's amazing. Not good amazing, but still amazing all the same.

But sometimes it's fun. People bring mead and cookies, and we enjoy it all as a spectator sport. But maybe that's because I don't really have an offline life.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If a post or reply upsets someone, they can either express their feeling via reply, or just move on and ignore it. It is as easy as that. Some people however, don't seem to know how to do that.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 4:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2009