Do you think being a SAHM is a 'luxury?'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a blessing to be able to SAH in this day and age but hardly a luxury!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• In some circumstances it can be considered a privelege especially when your talking about staying at home when the kids are at school all day. There is still all the work needs to be done which is ultimately your responsibility cuz you dont work out of the home. It can be considered a prison if your husband is awful, treats you bad, and you have no way of making aliving on your own because he has trapped you. It depends on your hubby and the particular circumstance your in.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• you could see it that way
    although we are strepped for cash many months, and make cuts in budget that we might not have to otherwise. but well worth it to be around for my child when she is young

and some days, when you have picked something up for the hundredth time and the cat just threw up on the carpet again, it does not feel like a luxury

but in todays $ market, yes, it does seem like a luxury
    Anonymous

• I think it depends on who you ask. To me it would be a luxury, I would LOVE to be able to be a stay at home mom, but we can't afford it.
    Anonymous

• HA
    Anonymous

• uh no, i don't. there is nothing luxurious about being a SAHM lol, at least not that i have found so far :) When I was a working mom I did however have this idea that i would have so much more time if I was a SAHM, I thought i would have free time to do crafts and home improvement projects LOl yeah that was a huge wake up call when i became a SAHM again and while my house was staying cleaner on a daily basis i was still having to do all that stuff i squeezed into lunch hours and before and after work and weekends. I do however sometimes get to bed earlier i guess that could be considered a luxury :)

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• no, it is not a luxury.
    JLynn0871

Answer by JLynn0871 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• No, it is work.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• No, I do not. I feel people should raise their own kids. I understand some people have no real choice, and I understand some people feel they are not cut out for staying home and doing so...but, I support and applaud any mother who feels she should stay home and raise her kids, even if it takes sacrificing some to do it.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2009