H1N1--not a question..

Just thought I'd share something that happened today. My DH has been having migranes for a few weeks so we went to an urgent care clinic...anyhow, the doctor working just so happened to be a woman who is 26 weeks preg. Before we left I asked her if she could tell me (as a pregnant woman and off the record) if she was going to be getting the H1N1 vaccine. She said absolutely not while she is pregnant. She said if it is procedure for work she will get it after her baby is born, but unless doctors are required to take it she more than likely wont. She said she doesn't feel comfortable doing it while she is carrying, and if it becomes procedure she will take leave until after the baby is born. Just thought it was interesting to hear it from a doctors point of view, and I thought I would share it with you.

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 4:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thanks for sharing! I have heard the same thing from several doctors, and a few nurses that work on the delievery floor at my hospital
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 5:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009