Working moms..daycare facility VS. In Home Care, what has been your experience?

So I am finally going back to work, I've been home for 3 1/2 months, my little one is 3 months and my hubby and I have been visiting daycares and have considered in-home daycare (at someone else's house). Friday we decided that after interviewing an in-home daycare provider we would try her out, she only has 4 kids and Nathan will be her only baby. The house was very clean, the kids she took care of looked really happy but there's always that "what if" feeling. Our other kids went to a daycare facility, I was just wondering what your preference is and if you've had any experience with an in-home daycare. To me it just seems like its more a one-on-once care, more like being taken care of at home.

LuvmyFam6

Asked by LuvmyFam6 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My dd is in an in home daycare and I wouldn't put her anywhere else. There aren't as many kids and they all get more one on one attention. She is wonderful! I worked at a daycare facility when I was in college and I would choose in home hands down over a facility.
    ajw1980

Answer by ajw1980 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My aunt did the home care and the babysitter made them stay down stairs. They were not allowed to touch ANYTHING.. she also slapped my cousin across the face which was 4 (I think) at the time.
    Anonymous

• Just be careful is all I am saying.. make sure you can trust them. Daycares are scary too. You always got to be aware.
    Anonymous

• um geez anon :49 you sure do paint a bad picture of in home daycare....
    both my kids were in an at home daycare when they were VERY young...i stayed with the same lady untill the kids were old enough to stay home...wich is the first time doing that this year. She had her ups and downs...yes she was VERY strict...but she wasnt to the point of scary though....but at the same time she also was very attentive to the kids and they learned ALOT...both my kids were reading and writing thier alphabet before starting kindergarten, and she was great at helping them potty train! to me i think daycare facilities arent as good because there are alot more kids, and they dont get the 1on1 attention that an in home provider can do...but every daycare and every scenario is different...so just go with your gut!
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• well i do in home care and they do give more one on one time. i like them personally...... but i would only have 3 kids with mine....... but if they are older then i guess it would be ok....
    Breana27

Answer by Breana27 at 4:57 PM on Oct. 12, 2009