Should I let my 3 month old sleep in my bed laying in a boppy pillow ?

He's not just laying flat on my bed he is kinda sitting or laying in a boppy pillow with a blanket laying over it so he dos'nt slide down please let me know yes or no and why thank's

amandatyler23

Asked by amandatyler23 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No. Babies should sleep on their backs, on a firm surface, without blankets or toys or pillows around their heads/faces, until they can turn over independantly. A lot of research was done on SIDS, and that is the current recommendation from the American Academy of Pediatrics. I did co-sleep with my son for a while, and I'd say that I slept WORSE with him in bed with me.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you want to co-sleep, check out the site www.askdrsears.com for info on how to do so safely. The boppy and blanket (and any other soft bedding) is actually less safe than simply laying him flat on the bed. If you type 'co-sleeping safely' into the search engine on the page you can find an article that will give you some info.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 5:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• While everything else pp's said is true, laying FLAT on their back is not necessarily safest. It's good for them to be somewhat upright so if they happen to spit up while they're sleeping they're less likely to choke on it. If your baby doesn't wiggle or move around too much yet then it might be okay, but it could be dangerous if he happens to slip down off of the boppy and get his head underneath it.
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't!! I don't co-sleep, mainly because a) I'm afraid DH or I will roll on baby b) baby will roll off bed c) baby will smother himself in bedding/increase risks of SIDS d) I like my time with hubby :-D
    However, there are many families who do co-sleep. I'd research safe ways to do so. I think it's OK if he just chills or snoozes there, while you are watching him and are awake and supervising the entire time. For good naps and "night time," I'd stick to the bassinet/crib!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 9:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• manny you probably already know what i think but here goes, put Q-ball in his own bed you sleep way to good to have him nest to you, what if something happens ...you'll never forgive yourself and you kno who will go nuts!! so put him in his be to sleep.....unless your gona stay awake to watch hi sleep.....and we both know your not...lol love you baby girl! big sis!
    lillithvally

Answer by lillithvally at 9:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009