I'm a little worried

I have a 2 1/2 year old. For the past couple of days shes been wanting to sleep and not eat. Shes getting at least 8 hours of sleep, but when I try to wake her up she just falls right back to sleep. Can anyone help me. I'm just wondering if this is just a stage or is this something I should be really worried about.

MissChloesMommy

Asked by MissChloesMommy at 4:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well a 2 year old needs more than 8 hours of sleep in general. Maybe she is coming down with something? I'd just watch her. She's not lethargic or anything is she?
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• growth spurt more than likely. just enjoy her sleeping while you can :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• if thats a growth spurt then my dd has been on one for a year already. she loves no sleep and hates to eat
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• no shes not allergic to anything. and I really hope its just a growth spurt.
    MissChloesMommy

Answer by MissChloesMommy at 4:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Both my 2 and 3 year old get a minimum of 12 hours of sleep. Unless she is taking very long naps during the day my guess is she needs some more sleep! Also a growth spurt is a possibility!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My son normally gets around 12 hours of sleep and a 2 hour nap during the day he'll be 2 in November...And when he his teething or growing he hardly is up and hardly eats. I just give him a cup of milk with carnation instant breakfast in it so he gets nutrients and let him do his thing..
    Rebecka83

Answer by Rebecka83 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My 22 month old sleeps for 15 hours a day. If she doesn't, cranky city. I would put her to bed a hour earlier or let her sleep another hour in. She is most likely having a growth spurt or coming down with something. Good luck  Keep an eye on her.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Most likely growing! This is the age for growth spurts, not eating, just picky. But, if you are really concerned. Call the Ped doc that she sees. No question is too dumb, only the one not asked that you wish you had asked later.
    ShirleyRN

Answer by ShirleyRN at 10:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• growth spur it sounds like to me,when she is done growing should be within a week she will eat tons.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009