What's the best way to get paint out of carpet?

I worked so hard... ugh. I'm still really upset so bare with me!

I worked for about 2 weeks on my daughters new nursery, painting the walls, detailing them with flowers and polka dots- all done by hand...

Anyways, we had to touch up a few things. I know it's my fault... but the boys KNOW to stay out of there... we left 1 gallon of pink and 1 quart of brown in the room to finish up this morning. I got on the phone with my mom, got distracted, heard the nursery door slam shut. Went in, and the boys dropped a small pumpkin into the pink, spilling the gallon. Then my oldest dropped the quart of brown and it exploded across my floor.

We've been steaming the carpet with our steamvac for about 2 hours now. It's better, but not out. It looks terrible. Tan carpets... the pink isn't as obvious as the dark brown.

Any suggestions? The carpet is ruined... I've been crying ever since it happened!!

livn4hevn

Asked by livn4hevn at 5:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Call a paint store, they usually have advice and products to get it out. At this point I think the key is not letting it set till you can get them.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 5:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You can have the carpets re-dyed, although probably not as cheaply as you can have the carpets replaced.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2009