Any ideas?

I live in an apartment with a balcony that runs along the front and is the access to all the apartments on the floor. Our floor has the mail room and laundry so half the building has to walk by our apartment on a daily basis. I always feel like they are looking in the windows as they walk by and it makes me a bit jumpy. I hate living with my blinds closed all the time. Anyone else feel this way? Any ideas of what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• look into tinting your windows maybe? if your landlord agrees with it you can buy a roll of tint in walmart in the automotive aisle. they sell a solution in the same area to remove the tint later if you don't like it...and plus if you tell the landlord its removable they might be more agreeable.
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I've often thought about this. I looked at several apartments like that. What I would do is totally not use the front, other than to go out and come in. Instead, I would open all my other shades and windows if possible.
    Anonymous

• i have a huge window in my living room that i dont want to use blinds either but want my privacy, i saw this in home depot that i'm really considering using.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Navigation?storeId=10051&categoryID=501987&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&cm_sp=dept-_-d59-_-window_treatments-_-shop_window_treatments-_-window_film-_-image
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• you can get window film that is easy to put on your windows- and does come off. there are different ones you can get, including some that let you see out, but others can't see in.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You can purchase a white shower curtain at the $ store and use it for curtains. Pull your blinds up, buy a "spring tension" curtain rod (?). This should let the light in for you. You can cut the shower cutain length if you like. The rod will not put holes in the walls. You could also hang the curtain rod lower from the top like a cafe. I did this in my bath and the light is good.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:52 PM on Oct. 13, 2009