Will 3 carseats fit in a Tucson?

I just found out I'm pregnant with baby #3.
We have a 2008 Tucson & can't afford to buy anything bigger any time soon.

When the new baby is born, we will have 2 kids in a regular size carseat and the new baby will be in an infant seat until s/he is 30 pounds (we have a Chicco 30 Keyfit).
I was looking at the back seat of the Tuscon & right now with 2 carseats it's pretty tight... I have no idea if we're going to be able to get 3 in there or not....

Any help? ideas? suggestions?

UnprfctSAHMto2

Asked by UnprfctSAHMto2 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you go to your local Toys'R'Us, they will most likely let you take one of the floor model carseats out front and try it to see if it will work. They did for us anyway. You can also go to the manufacturers website and it will give you the measurements for the car seat you are looking at and see if it will fit between your existing car seats.
    That being said I believe the Tucson is one of those baby SUV's? We WERE able to get a carseat, booster and baby seat in the back seat of my Saturn SL1 (which I'm sure is smaller than your back seat) but it was plastic to plastic and I would by no means have considered it safe or convenient as the baby seat only fit in the middle which meant the booster had to come in and out everytime we would have gone anywhere. We were able to trade up to a minivan, but we were lucky sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 5:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i ahve a tuscon 07 i ahve 2 carseats now and a third one wont fit.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 5:52 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Thanks piwife. Mine's a 2008, but the backseat is probably the same size as yours.
    UnprfctSAHMto2

Answer by UnprfctSAHMto2 at 6:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Check out the sunshine kids carseats you mau get those seats to work
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 7:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009