Why is it some women judge SAHMs. You know, to each it own. If you Stay Home or Work its your business.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 5:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I completely agree. I worked through my first pregnancy and until he was about 2. Then came baby #2 I had a rough pregnancy and dh and I decided it was best for me to stay home. Then came baby #3, I continued to stay home until he was nearly 2 and decided it was time to return back to work. Baby #3 is now 5 yrs old and I'm now pregnant with baby #4. I have continued to work and have decided to work after the baby's born as well.

I think it's what ever suits your family. I am lucky and am able to decide what I want to do. Both have worked for me. I don't care of you work or stay home as long as your children are cared for and happy!
    luvbnmomnwife

Answer by luvbnmomnwife at 5:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• i feel the same way, i had an interview today at a motel for a house keeping position and i been a SAHM for 5 years and the woman made it sound like it was a bad thing...and made the remark "oh so the only housekeeping experience you had was 6 years ago" im thinking wow thats right i never cleaned the whole time i stayed at home...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 5:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'm a working mom but i see nothing wrong with being a sahm. I think it's a personal choice and sometimes it may not be a choice at all. On the same not though, as a working mom I catch flack sometimes too. Usually from the older generation or sometimes religious conservatives. Saying things like "What happened to the days when women used to stay home, take care of the children and the house?" Or "Honey why don't you stay home you're going to miss out on so much with your children?" For me i was a single mom for a few years. I didn't have an option. Either I worked or me and my kids lived on the streets. I don't judge anyone if they stay at home or work. Good for them either way. We all do what we need to do for our children.
    angiewith2

Answer by angiewith2 at 5:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Exactly, OP!!!!
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Agreed!
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:39 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Agreed!
    traceybard

Answer by traceybard at 5:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Why do stay at home moms tell us working moms we let other people raise our kids? Everyone gets judged, not just stay at home moms.

Anonymous

• Riptide ~ Sick Puppies

"I, I won't justify
    The way I live my life
    'Cause I'm the one livin' it
    Feelin' it, tastin' it
    And you're just wasting your time
    Trying to throw me a line
    When you're the one drowning
    I like where I'm at on my back
    Floating down in my own riptide
    The water is fine"
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• People judge others, who do differently from themselves, when they feel insecure.

It is common for both sides to feel insecure: working moms because they've abandoned the care of their babies to other people, and feel that there is something not right about that; sahms because they feel they've betrayed the sisterhood or are worthless because they don't contribute financially to the economy.

Strangely, really dedicated workers and homemakers who are secure in their own choices never pick on people who do otherwise --they have no reason to.

The judgment we see on the outside of people is nothing but a reflection of the discomfort and judgment happening on the inside.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• You are so right, no matter what you do there is always someone who wants to belittle you. I stayed home when my kids were young and worked after they went to school. Either way I was wrong in someones opinion.
    Anonymous