Is anyone aware of any legitimate scholarships or grants available to HS students for study in the Fine Arts?

My 15 year old is interested in a private Fine Arts HS and I would like to be able to send her, however tuition is steep. Any help is appreciated.

benjamink

Asked by benjamink at 5:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• have you contacted the HS to see if they offer any scholarships? most private schools do.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 7:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Hmmm... not sure for high school. Your state may have grants available, and yes, like the previous poster said, check for scholarships. So happy to hear that your kiddo is interested - best wishes!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 8:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My high school is a magnate school which is public but only preferred students are selected to go there. It has an excellent fine arts department. It's the number one public school in the state. Many famous artists graduated from there. So my point is don't discount public education. Check some of them out and get a great fine arts education for free.
    Anonymous