at what age did you wean your baby from theyre bottle?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Baby should be weaned from a bottle by 12-15 months. Sippy cups are perfectly fine to introduce at 6 months of age.
    Anonymous

• Baby mastered the sippy by 7 months and weaned herself of the bottle by the age of 2.
    Anonymous

• Mine were all off the bottle by a little over a year. One was before a year. All their choice.
    Anonymous

• Around 18 months.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• the day she turn one. cold turkey
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• my daughter is 7 months but she takes a sippy cup once in a while and the other times she uses a small bottle she can hold she dose not want ne help it is hard but she loves doing it her slef
    ~Heidi~
    heidicummins03

Answer by heidicummins03 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My daughter wasn't ready to let go until she was 17 months.
    SMarsolf

Answer by SMarsolf at 7:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I didn't force my son off the bottle. I let him have it until he was ready to give it up. He willingly gave it up at 2.5 years to the day. Bottles and sippys are the same thing but sippys look more grown up. Even the AAP says some kids keep their bottles till 2 or 3.
    "Many mothers are bottle-feeding their children beyond age 2, even though pediatricians often recommend the bottle be given up by 12 to 18 months, according to a California study of 191 healthy full-term infants.

Researchers found 42 percent of 2- to 3-year-olds were fed about three bottles a day, and 16 percent of 3- to 4-year-olds were given an average of 2.1 bottles a day."

http://aapnews.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/15/4/2-a
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I usually don't take my kids' pediatrician's advice on parenting things. But with my twin boys, I did. at 6 months i introduced a sippy cup with handle and a soft spout. They would't really use it too much, but I would always offer it. A week before their 1st birthday, i just took all the bottles and threw them away. And that was that.

I also never put them to bed with a bottle, never. I think that helped because then they were not associating it with a comfort thing.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2009