preterm Labor after an Accident

At 33 weeks (last monday) I was rearend and subsequently was pushed into the car in front of me....at a stop light! Me and my 5 year old son were leaving his school. The guy hit us at least going 45. Hard enough to push me into anohter car and obliterate my bumber(I still have yet to see the car!) I was already having some difficulty's but I have been having contractions and at one point my BP was 68/34. I was Hospitalized for 2 1/2 days and returned again last night for 7 1/2 hours of observation. I am now 1cm and 50%. I have pain all over but cant tell now if its pregnancy or accident related. Not to mention the stress of my husband. Any feedback would be great. Im not sure what to think. I do have a lawyer but I don't see the Primary Doctor until tommorow.

Frankly

Asked by Frankly at 6:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Health

• I would completely expect for you to be sore all over after being rearended. The question only you can answer is if you are contracting or not. Is your belly getting tight (that you can feel with your hand) and then softening again? If so, you are having some kind of contractions. If not, I would call either the on-call doc or the L/D nurses and just inquire about taking Tylenol so you feel a little better. What happened that put you in the hospital for 7 hours yesterday? How do you feel compared to that?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I did go back last saturday for contractions. They were 4 -10 mins appart. Some of the contractions were quite hard and caused me to dialate to 1+cm...not quite 2. I have since had several contractions but not enough in an hour or any pattern. I can take tylenol for the pain and have a lidocaine jelly but it really doesn't help. My son and I go back to the Dr today. It looks as if they are going to totall out my car. its just hard to tell what pain is what. I can tell the contractions now but I have back pain that I can tell is from the accident and other pain that could just be from the pregnancy but its NEW? Baby is looking good. She has turned south and doing lots of breathing excercises and Hiccups!
    Frankly

Answer by Frankly at 7:32 AM on Oct. 15, 2009