Needs some advice?

I am 32 weeks pregnant and have an 8 month old she was sick last wednesday and thursday doc said she has a cold just to keep her hydrated and give her infants Tylenol so she's getting better now i never got sick when i was pregnant with her and now i have what she had a cough runny nose, no fever achy my coughs that i use to get were bronchitis and before i never was able to find anything to help diminish the cough so my question is ............... is there anything i can take for a cold that might help me feel better? anyone

Mommy2Be1212009

Asked by Mommy2Be1212009 at 6:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• when i got sick durning my pregnancy my doctor told me i could take robitussen becuase it contains no alcohol and it would be safe if you do the recommended dosing
    TaiZombie

Answer by TaiZombie at 6:48 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Garlic, Vitamin-C, zinc... lots of water!!!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• When I was preggo with my last the OB said I could take anything from the Tylenol family of medications. But I would double check that with your OB. Mine gave me a safe drug list, did you get anything like that?

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• There probably isn't anything that will help much. I was hospitalized 3 times with pneumonia while pregnant and there wasn't anything they could do to stop my cough. I coughed so hard I broke my ribs. I had to hold a pillow to my ribs when I coughed. I gave birth while I had pneumonia.

I hope you get better.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:57 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• When I was pregnant in 2007 my midwife told me tylenol and sudafed...
    c_lotte1107

Answer by c_lotte1107 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• there isn't much you can take that will stop the cough. . . I like to use honey (a natural cough surpressant) I mix it with a little lemon and hot water. Hot, strong peppermint tea is also good to sooth the throat. umm. . .not sure what else is safe. Ask your doc for suggestions.
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009