All summer I dealt with a stuffy nose that maybe came from sleeping in a air-conditioned room every night, now that fall is here and winter is not far behind my nose is stuffy until I 've only used 4 boxes so far of nasal sprays because I can't sleep and the only relief is cold air so does anybody know any other remedies I can use because this is a nightmare?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 7:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Health

• When we used to live with my FIL he used to keep the heat on at 85 b/c he is on blood thinners and gets very cold. I couldn't breathe because of all the hot air. I got one of those cold air humidifiers and kept it right in front of my face. It was the only thing to keep my nose clear so I could sleep and it worked great.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 7:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Try a neti-pot. I've never used one but my sister has, and she says it works great. It's kind of gross, but if it works, then it's worth it!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 7:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I don't have any home remedies, but you have to stop using the nasal sprays, they are extremely addicting. You might want to try Claritin or Zyrtec instead.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 7:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009