I'm so stressed out at the end of the day after dealing with my son and daughter until I need a pick me up but I don't want to overdo it because I'm an alcoholic,I had a couple of small drinks in the summer with some neighbors and it made me feel good until it wore off then I wanted to go to the races,should I or should I not go to this extreme since I don't drink much?

wandaluv

Asked by wandaluv at 7:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• You need to find something else to help you relax. By your admission, being an alcoholic, you know that you cannot drink at all, no ifs, ands or buts. Please do not do this anymore. I come from way too much family alcoholism, and see what it's done, the havoc it's caused, the sad end that comes. PLEASE, find another way to ease the tension/stress...meditate, excercise, read, take a walk, a bath, anything else. YOU are important, and you must believe this and not let alcohol take control.
    edcmyangels

Answer by edcmyangels at 7:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you know you are an alcoholic you shouldn't be drinking at all really and just by this post, I think you know that too. Try to steer clear of any drinking for a while and if need be, get some help. It sounds as though you might be on some shaky ground. GL~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 7:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Agree. You need to find some other, healthy way to relieve your stress. Do you go to meetings?
    asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 7:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would make a non alcoholic beverage that tastes really good try making a fruit smoothie, rootbeer float, a shake or malt...or treat yourself to a really good dessert or something... I have recently quit drinking although I was never an alcoholic but I did like a drink once in awhile... but now I feel like what's the point if I don't drink to get drunk or buzzed I do crave my fav alcoholic drink once in awhile but then I drink a glass of Iced Tea or Lemonade and they are just as much of a treat for me...That has to be hard for you but you are doing good... resist temptation and replace the bad with good...good luck ;o)
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you are an alcoholic, you have no business drinking at all. Please take control, go to AA meetings, be strong but don't start drinking. Find some other way to relieve your stress. Workout, go for a walk. take a long hot bath, read a book. Eat a sinful dessert.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:30 PM on Oct. 11, 2009