when did you start potty training?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With my DD it was my (for lack of a better word) Dream for her to be potty trained by her second birthday...that didn't happen though! lol we tried, but she just wasn't ready! We waited a couple of months and tried a different approach, she's been good ever since. Literally 1 accident since she was fully potty trained! There are signs you can look for to see if your child is ready though...if they squat or hide when they are going, or if they are asking you to change them immediately after. This means they know its now "ewwwy" and that they can anticipate it coming. I would look for signs like these and go from there!
    lynda_dora

Answer by lynda_dora at 9:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I have three my son was almost 2 1/2...he wasn't ready before and was hard as heck! My daughter was 25mos and she was a dream...so super easy! I was worn out from her brother so never attemped to earlier. Now my 18mos old we are just now getting the potty out no pressure just kinda playing and introducing it although she is showing some signs.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I just asked my mother this weekend about how you know when to start potty training and she said that with us 4 kids she started when we started waking up dry in the morning with a diaper, she would take it off and put us on the potty, so I plan on waiting until then for my dd, she is only 14 mo. now anyway so it will be a little bit yet!
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 9:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2009