At what age should i let my son go into the mens room?

I know this ? Has been asked alot but i have never gotten a chance to read the post

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• it depends on where we are at if we are at a store or restaurant in town then i let my 6 yr go by himself but in a bigger town or a place with lots of people he goes with me or my husband and i let my 4 yr son go with my 6yr if its a familiar place
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 7:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• 37
    Anonymous

• Good question. I say when he's old enough to be able to defend himself or at least know to scream or run of something were to happen while he's in there alone. I guess that's usually around 9 or 10. I'd still be right outside the door though!
    Anonymous

• Oh I should add I agree with bonnie-jo but we live in a big city where anything can (and does) happen. If it were a smaller town I'd feel safer at a slightly younger age I suppose.
    Anonymous

• Ty u ladies! I only ask cuz i took my 5 year old son in the woman bathroom at walmart an this older woman fliped out on me for taken him in there!
    -op
    Anonymous

• Take your son in the ladies for as long as you want. The size of the city doesn't make a difference. My grandson now 8 goes by himself, but I worry all the time. Most places have a family bathroom now. I'd still take him in the ladies room with me if he didn't get so upset with me.
    Anonymous

• i should add too that i always near by i wouldnt let my kids stray to far without me near by i usually wait outside the mens room and i wouldn hesitate to barge in if i think something is wrong
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 8:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• DD is 9 and I'm finally letting her go to the restroom by herself. The same will go for my son, who is only 4 right now.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:28 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I'mvery cautious of this. I grew up in a big city and I've heard stories. there was one where a mom let her 10yr go to the restroom by himself while she stood out side the door at a dept store people came and went and when he didn't come out within 20min she sent in in some teenagers that were walking by and said tell my son to stop playing in there and come on out. the boys came back to tell her to come in and her boy was crying and had been raped with her less than 10 feet away. so no my son is 5 and he comes with me if my DH isn't around.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If he can talk and walk and lock and unlock a bathroom stall by himself he is ready. My son is 3 and told me that he wanted to use the one with the MAN on the door. that was that. Of course, I stand very close to the door while he's in there- but he hasn't had any problems. He doesn't talk to strangers and he goes into the stalls closes the door and does his business. IF he is in there longer than 5 minutes I'm knocking on the door or coming in to get him.
    Anonymous