If you were buying house.....

Would you rather have a bigger livingroom or a smaller livingroom and an office??

We have a 3 bedroom 2 1/2 bath house. Our livingroom is an L-shaped room and a pretty decent size. We do not have an office so we were thinking of putting up a wall in the smaller portion of the living room to use as an office. The LR would still be a pretty decent size.

So if you were buying a house, what would you prefer????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think I'd like an office though we don't really NEED one. We have an office/guestroom now but if we didn't have the extra bedroom the computer would be in the living room. Though we do have a living room and a family room so either way we wouldn't be all crammed in one space. But if your kids are at the age (or getting to the age) of needing to do homework or write papers in a quiet place then making an office might be the way to go.
    Anonymous

• I would talk to a realtor in your area, and see what they think. I personally would prefer a larger living room. Unless people are working from home, they don't really NEED an office, so it'd be nicer to have a space where you can have a desk/ office space or a future home owner could have toys there, etc.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• We have a small living room and an office. I'd rather have a larger living room and keep the computer in here.
    Anonymous

• I miss our office from our old house. Our computers are now in our livingroom and it feels cluttered. I'd rather have the smaller living room and a designated office space.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Larger living room- think family gatherings, and when friends visit. I would invest in a sofa sleeper, and use a small corner for an office area.
    calatres

Answer by calatres at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• We have had both and I prefer an office separate from the living room.
    The house we bought, though, as a good sized living room so we got the best of both worlds.

I think walling off the small part of your living room is a great idea!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:36 AM on Oct. 12, 2009