What would you have done if this was your children?

I was waiting at the bus stop with my kids and my friend.There was this old guy waiting there and he said hi to my kids. My son had his umbrella up even though it wasn't raining.We were laughing at that.Then the guy uses his phone and takes a picture of my kids.Of course I get upset.What would you have done in that situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Taken the phone and called the police and not given it back until they got there and made him erase it. There are so many pedophiles out there. Without your consent, it was illegal. I wouldnt want someone looking at a picture of my son and masturbating to it later. People are crazy these days. Kids pictures aren't what the used to be. People aren't doing things as innocently as they used to.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• OMG!! I would of called the police as well....
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 8:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would have asked what specifically he was taking a photo of, and if it was my kids, I'd tell him to delete it or I'm calling the cops. Then I would have gone to a different bus stop and taken the next bus.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 8:23 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Pedophile?  Was your son waiting at the bus stop naked?  I wouldn't have been THAT mad.  I would have asked him to erase the picture.  I would have watched over him while he did to make absolutely SURE that my sons picture was erased.  I would have explained that in this day and age, one can't be too careful and that I don't appreciate him taking my sons picture without my permission.   And then I would have moved the hell on.  Noone knows his intentions EXCEPT him.  Maybe he was sending the picture to someone because he thought it was cute.  Maybe he was going to save it as wallpaper or something.  You said that you were mad but WHAT DID YOU DO ABOUT IT?

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Taken his phone and erased the photo and then smashed his phone. NO ONE TAKES PHOTOS OF MY CHILDREN WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It was an old man idiots. He said hi, they were laughing TOGETHER. He more likely than not just thought your kids were cute and wanted to take a pic of them. Get a life. He is probaly all alone with noone and here you guys are acting like bit***. You should be ashamed.
    Anonymous

• Anons 830 so what your saying is that you wouldn't have a problem with some weird old guy taken a picture of your children? I hope you wake up and see that not nice old men are safe and harmless.
    Anonymous

• wow, overreacting much. If you were so worried about the man why didn't you walk away the second he said hi to your kids.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 8:56 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with anon 830. He probably just thought your kid was funny, and wanted to take a pic so his buddies could see the kid holding an umbrella when there was no rain. Not every man is a pedo. I hope you're not communicating to your children that ALL men are sexual predators. Lighten up.
    Anonymous

• Call the cops? Smash his phone? Wow, talk about over-reacting. I'd have asked him why he wanted a pic of my son, and depending on the answer I might have asked him to erase it. While I do teach my kids safety, I do not teach them that every person is out to kidnap, torture, rape and kill them. Because believe it or not, not every person is out to do that.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2009