Respect

How do you know if your DH honestly respects you? Sometimes I think mins does but then other times I'm not sure.

Serious Question...NO bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Do you feel respected? If so, that's half of it. Does he act like he respects you? That's the other half. If he falls short then tell him so he knows what he is doing that you don't think is respectful. Men can be stupid. Teach him what his mother didn't.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Because my DH treats as a lady at all times, he still opens the car door for me, I don't care what someone ask him,he will always say,let me ask my wife,respect is something every woman should demand,like I hate when,I see a woman with a man,the man won't even hold the door for her,but,she is saying,honey,are you okay. If,you are asking this question,you probably are being disrespected or taken advantage of.Like, someone else said,teach him,what his parents didn't.
    Anonymous

• Until I read your question I hadn't really thought about it. I know my husband respects me. So what kinds of things does he do that lets me know? He thinks of me first, always and it shows. When the guys ask if he wants to go out, he doesn't call and ask me if he can go, he calls and asks if I want to go. If I feel like staying in, he won't even speak of leaving me home alone. He always introduces me. He puts me in the car, gives me his hand when I'm getting out of the car, helps me with my coat, checks the air in my tires, makes sure my car is fine, never raises his voice to me, consults with me about his job or any situation he may be facing, listens to me, treats me like a lady, never leaves my side when he doesn't have to, gives me his undivided attention, and makes no decision without me and I could go on I guess, there's more. In all he does he shows respect to me. It's shows, I can feel it and others can see it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:24 AM on Oct. 12, 2009