What is...

pneumonia like? Im worried:( My babies have swine flu and im starting to get really sick.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Health

• Pnuemonia is an infection in the kungs that can be caused by bacteria or virus'. Because it affects the lungs it makes it hard to breathe. The infection causes mucos to form in your lungs. The bodies response is to cough to clear it. A very deep, wet, productive cough will usually be present. You may feel a heaviness in your chest. Difficulty breathing in general but especially when laying down. A fever may or may not be present. Antibiotics are needed to clear a bacterial infection. Viral infections won't respond to antibiotics. Treatment is based on your symptoms. Dehydration occurs quickly so plenty of water. Decongestants like Guiffenisin can help liquify the secretions to make them easier to get up and out.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• That was the text book description^^^
    Heres the first hand:
    I had Pneumonia once. It HURT like heck. Every breath in.....pain......piercing on my side. I was almost delerious when I went in to the ER. They gave me strong antibiotics and vicodin. I had a cold and it developed into pneumonia. I was over the cold, just still had the cough & then the pain started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009