people smoking ciggeretes infront of me

im 6weeks 4 days pregnant and live with my in laws and husband until we can afford our own place, i do my homework for college in the computer room and pretty much it takes up my whole day. My sister in law and her husband are always on the other computer in there smoking, but i cant do my homework any where else. Plus hubbys parents smoke and they dont care and will do it in front of me also.
Can this do something to the baby?
i dont smoke though

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it's just as bad as you smoking all day. I hope you're not going to be in that house or seeing that part of the family regularly once you have the baby
    mrsjonzy

Answer by mrsjonzy at 8:34 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Were hoping to be out of here soon, and when the baby is here they are having no part in his/her life
    Anonymous

• Yes it's dangerous but it's their house.  Theres not much you can really do about it.  I'm guessing since you've said that they smoke around you and "don't care" that they could give a crap less about blowing smoke in your face.  I would suggest getting out of there as soon as you can.  I don't know where you are or what your transportation is like but if you can, try and go to the library or some place else to do your school work.  At least it will get you out of the smoke infested house for awhile.  Get as much fresh air as possible.  Wow, people are so freaking rude.

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Assholes. I hate it when people knowingly smoke around pregnant people. Thats terrible.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• It's not just as bad as you smoking. Studies on second hand smoke have been completely inconclusive. In other words, they can't link any heath problems to second hand smoke. Nevertheless, it's gross... get your own place!

Anonymous

• I must say though, I think that is a bit dramatic.  Banning them from the baby?  Why?  Is there more to this story than just them smoking in front of you?

Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 8:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you don't like them smoking around you, move the hell out. It's THERE house like Katrina3016 said! You obviously can't afford your own place but yet you complain that they smoke in there own house. Does this add up to anyone else? Maybe you should focus more on being grateful that they are letting your lazy asses live there!
    Anonymous

• plus they are straight up drunks. So when i bring the baby over when we move i have to worry about them being all drunk in front of my child and smoking right in front of the baby. I think its pathetic how they cant smoke outside. I understand its their house but cmon
    Anonymous

• lazy ass's? no i got laid off because i was fighting cancer for almost two years and always had to miss work, im in college now while my husband works.
    Anonymous

• now that my chemo is done im in college and looking for a job. Jeez some of you ladies are so inmature!
    Anonymous