Anyone else ever think it would be easier to be a single parent?

I do love my fiance, but not the way I used to. I can't say that I'm madly in love with him the way I was 3 years ago. My dd is 7 weeks old and most days it's just me and her till the evening when he comes home. I find it much easier the days when it's me dropping and picking her up from dc and going home to have a quiet evening. He just annoys me these days.
I don't know, maybe I have a bit of the babyblues, Iv'e heard its possible for ppd to be about stuff other than the baby, is that right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its ppd... I hated my husband during the pregnancy with my daughter and after for a while..... but it passes. Everything about him got on my nerves. Everything he did was wrong. It was a mess. I just stuck with it and things slowly got great again. Talk to him about it. Thats the best thing to do.
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 8:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• as a single parent let me tell you on soooo many levels ITS NOT EASYER, not that being a parent ither way is easy, cuz its not, but there are sooooo many things different that I can not even begin to explain
    Anonymous

• It really depends on the relationship.

I can honestly say it was easier to be a single mom than to be with my XH. He made life far more difficult being with him than it was being a single mom. I am by no means saying being a single mom was easy, but being single was easier than being with him.

That being said, I am not advocating dropping your fiance and striking out as a single mom. It's only been a few weeks since your baby was born and you are dealing with a lot of hormonal changes. You need someone to talk to, a professional, and you should see your doctor about possibly having post-partum-depression.

I can say that I now have a partner in life who is actually a partner, someone to help me. And these days are mush easier than my days a single mom.
    KATEISME

Answer by KATEISME at 8:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• im a single parent and i can understand you on a completely different level though. Since I didnt have a spouse to irritate me post baby, everyone else did. The only person who did not was my mother. Everyone else dropping in all the time made me bananas. It has gotten better now, I was def. having some baby blues. But if I had a supportive partner , I know that things would not be as stressfull. So it depends on the situation, but give it some time to adjust, and talk to your doctor just to make sure its not something more.
    CurvyMommato1

Answer by CurvyMommato1 at 12:00 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Definitely talk to your doc. I went through this for nearly a year with baby #2 and again with #3. But was more aware of it with #3, so got on meds. I quit taking them for a while - I kept forgetting to take them and after a while I figured why start again, I didn't need them. I was doing fine. Weeellll - not so much! I couldn't stand to be around dh - he drove me NUTS! He never helped enough, he was always saying things wrong, he fed the baby wrong, he didn't pay enough attention to the kids - everything was WRONG! But it was something wrong with me! Don't suffer for a year or more like I did. Talk to your doc. It is hard to bring up, but trust me, she/he has heard it before and will know what to do.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 1:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2009