Abnormal period?!

Ok so my DH and I have been ttc for 5 mos now. This will be our 2nd. When we started ttc i had a normal 28 day period. Then one month it came 2 weeks early. Since then it has been 1 week early everytime. Im so confused. What could be causing this? Could this be effecting our unsuccessful ttc so far?

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Lots of things can cause abnormal menstruation. I have polycystic ovarian syndrome (cysts on my ovaries) which causes me to have hardly any periods (between 2 and 4 months, and even went a year without once). Other contributing factors can be stress, weight, activity, and many other things. And yes, it can effect you ttc. POS is actually one of the leading causes of infertility. I was lucky to have my children when I was young cause it would be extremely difficult for me now if I wanted to try again.

You might see if anything in your life has gotten overly stressful, or anything else has really changed... like activities, or diet. If nothing has changed that much then it might be time to go ask a doctor. Hormonal tests can rule out of a lot of things, that is how they discovered my problom. A regular papsmear can also rule out a lot. So two tests is worth the piece of mind to know everything is okay.
    crissygottberg

Answer by crissygottberg at 8:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009