What foods that are high in calories, that are good can I give to my 11 month old?

He is strickly breast feed and is a very finiky eater. He went from the 90 precentile to the 15 when he started solids. He does not like baby food at all!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Make sure he is getting enough good fats. Try things like avocado, coconut, and if you cook and make him food cook it in olive oil.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:55 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Use half& half instead of milk. Ice cream, puddings, anything high in fat. Here's a couple of ideas:
    Mix oj with sugar, a little vanilla and heavy cream to make a milk shake. Adding a little coconut milk is great because it is really high in calories. Also hot dogs, or other sausage , cut in tiny pieces. Peanut butter on a cracker. Desserts, cake , cookies, fruits like bananas,mac & cheese. Try to feed him something new when he's hungry, but not cranky hungry. Feed him a little, but frequently. Don't push, and most of all don't worry.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:14 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Here are some things to try. Mix flax-seed oil into different fruits and veggie puree's. Avocado, potato, beans, bananas, and rice. I mixed pureed fruits and veggies in with rice cereal, which was the only way my son would eat it. Yogurt is a wonderful thing. I used to buy Yo Baby organic yogurt.
    He'll get into eating more and more. Let him eat something new for a few days, then try another new food. Too much new food at one time can confuse the baby. This also checks to make sure he has no allergies to certain food.
    SpiderLizz

Answer by SpiderLizz at 10:59 AM on Jun. 24, 2008