Why is it that women on cafemom want to hid behind Anonymous?

I know I am going to get a lot of crap on this but I was wondering why so many of you want to be nasty and hateful and don't have the nerve or guts to show who you really are. Is it because you don't want your friends on here know what kind of person you really are?

Candie2008

Asked by Candie2008 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats exactly why they do it!! And they don't want you to be able to put a face on their nasty oppinions
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 9:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• its because CM allows it. there is an 'anon' button for a reason, whatever it was CM made it to be. i don't know why people are so agitated by it/anons..some people are nasty and hateful even signing their names..so what's the difference, really?
    i'm sure those that sign anonymously have their reasons. just be mature enough in yourself to respond to the meat of the issue, rather than their anonymity. in other words, get over it..CM allows it, and people will use it.
    (not bashing you, momma, just telling it like it is. nothing personal.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:03 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Screen name people are just as rude or more so. If you don’t like it in this area because of the anon button then find a group or post in the journal area. We all have chooses here.
    Anonymous

• I guess it is because they don'twant to be attacked for their opinions. I am really tired of being called a LIB,for example, whenever I say anything positive about our President. There are some meanies who post here and it bothers me so I sometimes use the ANON. ANd I think this question has been asked a million times...... but I won't use the ANON. ;-)
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:25 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Because if you google your screen name everyone can see every response or question you have ever made
    Anonymous

• I never go anon.....!!!! I am who I am!
    ROFLMAO

Answer by ROFLMAO at 9:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My guess is that most of the anons are actually 12 year old girls who snuck onto mommy's account and think they are being "cool".
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 10:01 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I only do it sometimes.
    SweetPea708

Answer by SweetPea708 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I don't know about the second part of your question, but to answer the first part-
    My husband is a politician and I'm afraid that anything I write could be used against him. So I stay anonymous so that stuff on here doesn't come back to bite us.
    Anonymous

• You and about 8 million other moms who have asked this question. I really don't get why it bothers people so much. If they bash you and post anon, chalk it up to ignorance and move on.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:26 AM on Oct. 12, 2009