How can I find inexpensive marital counseling that will work around our schedule?

DH and I are going through a very rough patch. I'm miserable and having difficulty being attentive to DS because of it. We need a counselor who does weekday evening appointments because of our work schedule and that's the only time we'd have someone to watch DS. I found someone but she doesn't take our insurance and is $110 an hour, which we can't afford. Ones who do take our insurance don't have the hours we need. I can't do faith based counseling because I'm an atheist and many of our problems are related to sex so we wouldn't feel comfortable discussing that in a faith-based situation

aidansmommy961

Asked by aidansmommy961 at 8:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• You'll have to decide if saving your marriage is worth re-arranging your work schedule. That's the only thing I can think of, sorry.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 9:06 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• DH and I are both hourly employees so if we don't work for an hour or two each week we don't get paid for it. Without money to take care of our son and survive or marriage will only suffer more
    aidansmommy961

Answer by aidansmommy961 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• graduateIf you have a local college you could try a Psychology professor. They are well educated with a doctorate degree. Sometimes they are retired. Sometimes they do counseling on the side. Sometimes they have doctorate students who do counseling for credit toward their degree instead of cash. They are usually flexible with hours as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:46 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Church has counseling..
    Anonymous