How much does your one year old eat?

My son just turned one on September 23rd. About a month before he turned one we started him on table foods. He seemed interested in playing with and chewing the foods, but refused to swallow anything that went into his mouth. We kept trying and now he's finally eating what we put in front of him. We only use pureed food as a suppliment if he needs it. Which some days seems to be with at least one meal as he'll resort back to refusing to swallow his food. It's all a process, I know, but I do have questions for you all. How much do you give your one year old to eat for one meal? How much of what you give them do they actually eat? This is mostly out of curiosity. As he's only been eating table foods for a short time, I know that it'll be a while before he accepts it completely. Thanks for all your help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It changes every meal. My daughter will eat as much as 2 dozen grapes, 2 hot dogs, several cooked carrots, and a 4 oz of a drink at one meal and then only eat 1/4 of that at another meal! I just start with a little on her highchair tray and give her more as she eats it. If I put too much on her tray she feeds with dog or throws it on the floor!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Some days not much at all and other days he can eat 8 chicken nuggets a 1/2 cup carrots and 1/2 cup green beans. for supper, a whole grilled cheese, a banana, and 8 strawberries for lunch and about 2 cups of cereal for breakfast. They tend to eat alot when having growth spurts.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the 2 above answers, my daughter eats good one day and not so good the next, she loves mac & cheese, noodles w/ tomato sauce, chicken, hamburger, green beans. She is 14 mo. and we've had her on table food since about 10 months. Good luck, just keep introducing new things.
    slynnb

Answer by slynnb at 9:51 AM on Oct. 12, 2009