water breaking during sex??

anyone ever heard of someone's water breaking during sex & being unable to determine if that's what happened or not?? i'm currently wearing a pad to see if i'm slowly leaking or not...but i'm wondering because today while having sex with hubby a gush of liquid came out. now, i've been known to squirt before & there is also a chance i peed because of all the pressure. he swears up & down my water broke on him (which is making him freak out about having sex with me). now before someone says sniff it...that's where my issue is...there is NO SMELL! nothing sweet smelling, nothing urine smelling, absolutely NO SMELL! but the sheets are soaked! can anyone explain this?? did my water really break?? i'm on the low side with my fluid, maybe that will prevent extra leaking if it did?

WannabeMommy87

Asked by WannabeMommy87 at 9:55 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Please don't even think about the "24-hour Rule". But due to your low levels you might want to pay extra attention. Have you been wearing a pad and seeing if you fill it?
    When you pee does it keep coming after the urine is done?

When my water broke it gushed for over a week. It became my first in many education adventures, lol.
    ROM is not usually an emergency. Induction for a rupture is more risky than a possible infection. (Which is unlikely if you decline vaginal exams.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:01 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• You need to go to a Dr. and be checked. Once your water breaks or is rupture mechanically there is a high risk of infection if you aren't delivered inside of 24 hours. Don't guess, you need a medical opinion.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:59 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If you have low fluid, why aren't you at the doctor now?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• If your membranes ruptured you will go into active labor very shortly 90% go within 6 hours-- another 5% within 12 hours and the remainders need a Pit drip... so lay down watch a movie NO MORE SEX until you go to your drs office and they clear you
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would go to the doctor, you can get an infection if your water broke and you don't get checked.
    MyBabyScar

Answer by MyBabyScar at 10:15 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Well my pad still hasn't become completely soaked, so I'm guessing even if I am leaking it is a VERY small leak if anything at all. I'm just drinking extra water just in case & waiting to see if contractions start. If not I think I'll be staying home at least until tomorrow. =)
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Good. :-)
    So how much water are you drinking?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Well before today I had upped it from 64oz to about 88oz a day...today I'm nearing almost double that...
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• ahh! GOOD!

lol!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2009