Does you dh/so act like this with you? (no consideration whatsoever)

Man my dh can be so mean sometimes I know this was stupid to get into argueing about but it was the principal of it. Subject: spatula...He was baking brownies while I was on the computer with you girls...lol (CM). Anyway I noticed him having trouble opening one of the kitchen drawers (I knew already what it was) bc I have troulbe opening it too ( I think I have it overstuffed )...lol but only me knows how to open it without breaking anything...sure enough he broke my special spatula...wah! I am WHAT THE HELL DID YOU BREAK...OH NO MY FAVORITE SPATULA!!! I did not mean to over react but it is the way he responded to me he said he did not mean to break it but oh well get over it. OMG talk about getting my blood to boil he was like relax it is just a stupid spatula (it was one of my favorite ones) I have more it is just not the same. Anyway I got over my broken spat. but I was still hurt with the way he talked 2 me no sorry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i get you my DH is the same way
    Anonymous

• What about the way you talked to him? You freaked over a spatula - in a drawer that you knew was overstuffed. Men are brutal with things - they'll strong arm it way before they'll finesse it. What I see is that it's okay if you freak and lose it, but if he dares to defend himself he's still wrong. What kind of relationship is that? You want your husband to respond well to you then you might want to respond well to him.
    Anonymous

• I dunno, I feel like your reaction would've hurt his feelings and maybe put him on the defensive....
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 10:26 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• No offense but if it was your favorite don't you think you are responsible for taking better care of it? You knew the drawer was over filled. You knew there was a potential problem and yet you did nothing to correct it so you are just as responsible for the loss of your spatula. His attitude is like that of many men. He sees it as a THING and nothing that requires drama. If you wanted it protected you would have done so. Buy another one.
    Anonymous

• He probably didn't understand why you were so upset, so your reaction to him was way over the top. If the tables were turned you probably would have said the same to him.
    prdill08

Answer by prdill08 at 1:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• I would have been upset at your attitude. Pick and choose your battles, and a spatula (even a favorite one) is not worth a fight in my marriage!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 1:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2009