how do you know when its the teacher or your kid?

about a month ago i asked for tips to curve my son's misbehavior at preschool. well i tried something new but before i could see if it actually worked my son's teacher wasn't at school anymore. well ever since her absence at school i haven't recieved one bad report not one. i find it slightly ironic. i haven't seen her there in two weeks and for the past two weeks no bad reports. now i don't want to become one of those parents who blames the teacher. i know my son and i know he has his moments. so how can you tell?

nurbabe82

Asked by nurbabe82 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• As a preschool teacher, I say it sounds like it was the teacher. Behavior problems don't usually disappear the minute a teacher leaves, unless it was the teacher being picky or unreasonable. It also, could be that a child that was there and was causing issues is no longer there too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Is the teacher he has now his permanent teacher or a sub? I have found that often subs don't let you know when your child is misbehaving, at least in our school. If it's his permanent teacher, then I would say it sounds like the teacher. Or it could have been a combination of the teacher and your son. Some people just don't get along, and now that they're apart, problem solved.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:45 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• sometimes it is the teacher and other times it's the child. Sounds like your child and the teacher didn't click and all blame was put on your child. But honestly a 3-4 year old doesn't always know when to say something and they act out. IS the teacher coming back? If so watch and find out if the reports start and if yes ask if it's possible to move rooms and teachers.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:13 AM on Oct. 14, 2009