religion

I have some question about religion. recently I started being visited by some people who happen to be Mormon. They are trying to convert me. I already am christian, I already believe in God. But I am not going to church right now. I also believe that God is the way to heaven, but they are saying that the Mormon church is the way. I am just not sure what to do. Any advise on that matter?

twoangels

Asked by twoangels at 10:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Mormon religion isn't Christian. Joseph Smith is the founder of the Mormon religion. Joseph Smith said and angel named Moroni gave him the other testament of Jesus Christ. The Holy Bible says don't believe in another gospel of Jesus, even if given by an angel.
    Galatians 1:6-9
    No Other Gospel
    6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you by the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! 9As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!
    Anonymous

• Well you have already been brain-washed once, sounds like you are on the right path for another brain-washing if they are getting you to post a question like this. Good luck with that.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• research the religion and see if its something that you want to do. being a mormon may not be for you or it may. before i became a jw i researched it and took a couple of bible studies to see if i would like it and to my surprise, I loved it. so research it and research other religions and see which one suits you.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 10:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• and why is she brainwashed rude truthteller?
    Anonymous

• I think you should study it out. I'm not saying that just because I'm LDS/Mormon. I'm saying that because everyone needs to find out for themselves. I know you are more than welcome in the LDS Moms (Christian) group. We can answer any questions you have.

One thing more is to ask questions. The more you ask the better prepared you'll be to make an informed decision. We are Christian as well. PM me any time you want to ask about the LDS/Mormon faith. I'm always happy to help.

And to those that think we are brainwashed, I know personally that I'm not!! I chose to be LDS/Mormon. The invitation to ask about the LDS/Mormon faith is extended to all that would like to ask.

Good luck in your search!
    Sandy
    shsteele05

Answer by shsteele05 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• here is a good site you should visit: www.openbible.info/topics/getting_into_heaven
    I beleive Jesus is the key into getting into heaven, in order to get into heaven you must be saved. Saved meaning asked for forgiveness of sins, asked Jesus to come into your heart/life. Church isn't a building, but the people inside it worshiping GOD. Matthew 18:20 where 2 or more are gathered in his name there he is. So if you and other people gather ANYWHERE to worship/learn about GOD then you are attending church. I would kindly tell them that & just be honest with them.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:43 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• OP...Countless different religions and even different denominations of christianity, if given the chance, will tell you that thier church is the only way to heaven or an afterlife. Roll that logic around in your head for a while and you should have your answer. I'm okay with whatever people want to believe. I even accept the possibility that every religion may contain some amount of spiritual truth, but for someone to tell you that thier specific way is the only way, especially when they throw the "this way or hell" idea into the mix, is bordering on psychological abuse in my opinion. I'd say learn more about it if you're genuninely interested but in the end, stick with what makes YOU comfortable spirtually.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 10:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• My advice:

1: Discontinue any visits from ANYONE trying to convert you to ANYTHING.
    2: Start with some good unbiased resources where you can research & gather basic information regarding ALL religions (beliefnet.com, religioustolerance.org, etc.)
    3: Once you have it narrowed down to a few that you can relate to, search out websites that support those paths & that go more indepth and also hit your local library & start reading up on them.
    4: THEN, hopefully, you'll know which path is best for you & you can begin actively persuing it.

See --- nobody can teach you what to believe. You already believe whatever you believe... now it's just a matter of confirming it in your own mind & heart & putting a name to it (if you even feel that step is important)

G'luck
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• Wow, are you actually considering changing your religion because people who show up unannounced at your door say it's the right path? The reason why they keep coming back to YOU is because YOU are actually not slamming the door in their face and telling them to leave you alone you are Christian. Mormonism is not Christianity. It's Mormonism. If people coming to your door can cause you to wonder if they are right, you need to re-evaluate your feelings on God and Christianity. The JW's and the Mormons tell me all the time that their way is right. They get mad when I tell them to leave, that they are soliciting.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:44 AM on Oct. 12, 2009

• http://www.ctkbellingham.com/sermons-by-series/ go to this website and listen to the sermon lies part 1. I believe that being a christian is the only way to heaven but everyone has their own opinion. I think you need to read the Bible and then read the book of mormon and see which one pertains most to you.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2009