Do you see smoking parents as "low class?"

I will admit I do. I know it is an addiction, but it is also a terrible example. I saw several smokers at the pumpkin patch today. Just looks bad, and smells worse. I grew up with parents who were chain smokers and I can't stand it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• thats ur problem and no it does not make them low class....does drinking beer or wine make u low class??? both bad habbits...the government put out there to make money so if any one is low class it is the government
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• no
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 10:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• no i dont, i think more about the way that they treat and talk to their children to judge class. lots of parents smoke but never around kids, just so you know.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:21 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I agree with you. In this day and age when we all know how bad smoking is, why would people keep doing it?
    I think it is selfish and dumb to keep smoking when you have kids.
    Anonymous

• I never said it wasn't my "problem." It does happen to be my opinion. I think drinking should be discreet and explained to children. I am not an at home drinker. I just asked this question to see what others thought. I'm not saying my view is correct, right, or fair, but it is mine.
    Anonymous

• No but I see it as ignorant and weak now that ppl know what it can do and that they can get help getting free from that addiction
    Anonymous

• ok and also how many people drinking jump in the car with their kids??? it is way worse then smoking i think just bc it stinks doesnt mean it is low class
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:24 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• Not so much low class.... more like stupid!
    Anonymous

• there u go not low class just stupid i think she said it perfect
    firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 11, 2009

• I would not drink with my kids and drive, and have your heard of the dangers of 2nd hand smoke firsttime? Are you a smoker?
    Anonymous